Monday, May 23, 2011

Cannon

This week during church I saw the cutest thing.
It was during the sacrament.
Terry and I sat in the middle of the pew, next to the Hughes family. Lincoln is the youngest of the Hughes children and he was sitting closest to me.
He is 4 (I think).
Next to him was Cannon. Cannon is in my primary class, he is 9. Next to Cannon was his Mother and his big sister.
Anyway, during the passing of the sacrament I got to pass the sacrament tray to Lincoln. When the bread came by he just looked up at me, took the tray, helped himself, then passed it on to his family.
When the water came around, Lincoln let me hold the tray for him. He took his cup, and while never taking his eyes off of me he took a sweet little sip from his cup. Then he started to put his cup back in the tray, spilling the rest of the water from his cup into another cup...
I wondered if I should take the soiled cup of water out of the tray...
Before I could do anything about it he took the tray and passed it to his brother, Cannon.
Cannon looked up at me with his darling, wise smile and took the cup that Lincoln spilled into.
Cannon smiled and I winked.
What a beautiful act of service. And no one in the congregation knew what Cannon did for them.
I just love to see the little miracles and acts of kindness that are in the world every single day.
Thank you Cannon Hughes. I love you.

All of my Family, I pray that you take the time to do something nice for someone every day this week. It doesn't have to be huge, it doesn't have to even be noticed by the receiver. You will know, and Heavenly Father will know. And if you want to, you can comment on this post and I will know.

I love you all. Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!!! I love it when simple things make me think outside of myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh that's adorable. Your posts get better & better, Momma.

    ReplyDelete