Monday, May 16, 2011

Achy, Breaky heart...

"Don't break my heart, my achy, breaky heart. I just don't think he'd understand, and if you break my heart, my achy, breaky heart it might blow up and kill this man."

Remember that song? Oh man were those the days.
I remember...
Charleston, South Carolina
Becky, David, Beau, Jessa, and Austin Pixton...Joe wasn't born yet.
The MULLET!!! Is that ok in any world? :)
Line dancing.

Doesn't that just take you back? Billy Ray Cyrus...I think that was his only claim to fame until Miley made it big. Yup, Miley's dad....so long ago.

Why in my post this week? I think it is just because of the words. Don't we get so tired of getting our hearts broke? What is the quote Katie...

"It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all."

Katie and I had this conversation on Mother's Day. She was lying on my bed, I was rocking in my chair.
Heart breaks are never easy. They really do HURT! I watched an episode of Oprah the other night and she was talking about pain. She said that all pain is the same. I have thought about that a lot. I agree that all pain is the same when we talk about physical heartache...I'm pretty sure I can't tell the difference between betrayal pain or death pain, on that level I agree. But I think I agree with what Glen Beck said in his book, 'Not all pain is the same, but they rhyme.' That, I believe is a more accurate statement.
I have been through some very painful experiences. People around me are going through painful experiences right now. My heart aches for the ones I love. I remember once thinking that pain was my friend and it was actually the only thing that reminded me that I was still alive.
I often ask Heavenly Father in my prayers to keep teaching me and guiding me, but can He do it without pain?
Is it possible to learn and really grow without pain? Can some people have the gift of empathy, where they don't actually have to experience pain to understand it?
I watch all of you trying to live your lives, trying to figure it out. I know that there will be painful times for you. Times you wish you were numb.
Sometimes I get tired because I feel like I am constantly running away from pain, like if I keep running it won't catch up. I just get tired and eventually just breakdown and try to absorb all the pain I have been running from.
Would it have been better to walk, taking the pain in small doses instead of running and then trying to deal with it all at the same time.
I know that I am rambling. Not having the 'stroke of genius' like last week.
So I guess what I want to say is...
The only people that have the power to break your heart are the people that you love.
So, is it indeed better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?

I, for one think that it is.

I love you all.
Have a great week. And for today...LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment