Monday, June 6, 2011

If The Savior Stood Beside Me

I have the most wonderful opportunity to work in Primary. I get to teach the 8-9 year olds. They are so much fun and I'm sure I learn more from them than they learn from me.
I have been trying to teach them how to listen with their spiritual ears. Every time I ask them where their spiritual ears are they touch their hearts. When we have a time that the spirit is exceptionally strong I stop my lesson and explain to them what they are feeling. I remind them that the real teacher is the Holy Ghost and they need to learn when they are young how to recognize His voice, or feeling.
I love to go to sharing time and singing time. One of my favorite songs is "If the Savior stood beside me". It is such a beautiful song. I am attaching it to my blog so you can listen to it. I tried to find a copy of a children's choir; the third one on the video bar is sung by children.
I know that I would act and talk differently if I knew that the Savior was standing beside me.
When I was first called to serve in Primary I had mixed feelings. I cried all the way home from the church. I just thought, "What are THEY thinking?" That was in our old ward, when we moved to our new house I was called to teach in primary AGAIN. This time I thanked Heavenly Father and wondered what I did so good in my life that this sacred opportunity would be mine.
I love the children, when they sit beside me and sing, "Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah." The spirit testifies to me every week that the full gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth and I am blessed to a part of it.
Let us all try to have the faith of these children, to sing at the top of our lungs, "Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah", and "If the Savior stood beside me".
Our Savior truly is always beside us, my prayer is that we remember He is there, and act accordingly.
I love you all. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment