Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dieting

You all know that I am a fanatic dieter, one would think that I love dieting when the truth is that I LOVE food...thus the dieting.:)

So, it is time to pull out the summer clothes, do I even need to tell you that NONE, no NONE, of my summer clothes will fit on my winter body. So the least favorite phase of my existence starts, diet I must.
If the truth were told I would rather buy new clothes...but since money is not always as plentiful as my waistline the dreaded time has come.
So you ask, "Why is she writing about something as dumb as dieting?"

IT IS ALL ABOUT PERSPECTIVE

When things happen in our lives we have to make a decision; we have to choose which we would rather do, change ourselves to fit the circumstance or change the circumstance to fit our life. I had to choose if I wanted to change my body or change my wardrobe. I chose change my body.

Now we get to the good stuff...
The gospel is like my summer clothes, they are unchangeable. They have been cut from a pattern and the pattern has integrity. Our job, our decision is simple. Do we choose to live the gospel principles or not? The rules will not change to accommodate immorality, or dishonesty in any degree.
I think it is sad that so many of us choose the worlds way, we choose to stay fat and worldly happy instead of curbing our appetites and fitting into the heavenly designed plan.
My prayer this week is that we reevaluate our 'spiritual' diet. We need/have to change who we are and what we do so that we will be prepared to meet Heavenly Father again.
I love you all.
Make it an amazing week.

1 comment:

  1. Wow dear, your analogies are always so understandable, and always right on the mark. I, as always, am so impressed by you, and am way luckier than I deserve. Love ya tons

    ReplyDelete