Monday, January 31, 2011

Sun

Good Monday morning to all of my sweet family. As you all know yesterday was Sunday, I'm not sure how many of you went to church so I thought I would share a couple of things I learned.
I went to a missionary farewell. It was pretty amazing! I can't believe how much Stuart has grown. Wasn't it just last year that he was totally Emo? No, I think it was two years ago. He truly understands the power of the atonement, he is not the same person he was, nor is he the same person he was before he went emo. The changes are such an awesome thing. He has such a great understanding of reaching out to the 'one'. Because of all he has been through I think he will be drawn to the people who are going through similar trials. He will be a wonderful missionary.
The other speaker at his farewell spoke about the importance of obedience. Tiffany and Jessica, I'm sure you can really relate because you have small children that are just learning about obedience. It is so important to teach them when they are little. It is a hard lesson to learn, but once learned your job becomes so much easier. So don't give up, work on it every day, believe me, you will be glad you did.
So, let's get to the title of this post:
"Sun".
The speaker yesterday said that there were 3 types of people. Suns, Moons, and Stars.
(If you think about it you know some people just like that.) Now let me explain the theory behind each of them.
Stars: they are people who put off a little bit of light, but they do put off light.
Moons: they are people who put off more light, but their light comes from the reflection of the sun. They are bright and beautiful, but only when the sun is influencing their lives.
Suns: they are bright and beautiful all the time. They bring light and happiness into the lives of others. The don't mind sharing their light because they know from where their source comes.
This week try to be more of a "Sun" person. Share your light. Be happy.
I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment