Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Life

I have been thinking a lot about life lately. It is such a great miracle that we have the freedom of choice. As a mother though, we wish we could take that freedom away from our children sometimes. And that is not only limited to little children. The older my babies get the more I want to hold them in my arms on my rocking chair and tell them the stories of Jesus. I want them to remember the stories, I want the stories to be a part of their lives. I am teaching the 8-9 year olds in Primary now and there is not a week that goes by that I don't wish my children were sitting in my class. Last week we studied the life of John the Baptist. The children learned about how he dressed and what he ate. They learned that he was foreordained to come to earth and fulfill the mission of baptizing Jesus Christ. I gave each of the children a quote by President Ezra Taft Benson that reads: "You are choice spirits, many of you having been held back in reserve for almost 6,000 years to come forth in this day, at this time, when the temptations, responsibilities, and opportunities are the very greatest." The amazing thing about fore ordination is that even though we were born for greatness, we can choose not to be so great. My prayer is that we all choose to be what we came to earth to be. So my challenge today is "Go out and be who you were born to be". I love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment