Thursday, September 8, 2011

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Hi family...
It has been a while since I have felt inspired...
I find, all the time, that I have so much more to learn. It seems that as soon as I think I have figured things out the only thing I figure out is that I need to change...evolve...humble myself.
Do you ever ask yourself why?
Why am I always the one that has to change?
Why can't the 'bad' person change and be better...
Why do I have to change and 'learn' to love them?
I DON'T WANT TO LOVE THEM!!!!!!!
Yes, we are back to that 'store manager'...
For weeks now I have been feeling as if I were getting closer and closer to a den of rattlesnakes...being drawn in because the miracle of change has happened within me, I just assumed that it had happened within her
...no.
She is still the person that I prayed to love. I had actually learned to love her...
But, a couple of days ago I found out that the only one that has changed is me.
In October, on my birthday in fact, I first met this woman...and I knew from the very first moment that we were like oil and water.
You all know from prior posts that this is a stumbling block I have continually prayed to overcome.
I didn't just walk out, or leave...I felt that my relationship with her would teach me something. Sometimes the things we learn don't bring us joy, but chalk this up to lesson learned. I know now that it is time for me to leave my job of five years and find a better path, one that will lead me where I want to go.
So today I have decided to not be 'chicken'.

And that my sweet family brings me to the message for this week.
I have been reading a book by Camille Fronk, "In the Hands of the Potter".
On pages 49-50 she records a section of the book, "Mere Christianity" by CS Lewis.

..."When He said, 'Be perfect,' He meant it. He meant that we must go in for the full treatment. It is hard; but the sort of compromise we are all hankering after is harder - in fact, it is impossible. It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad".

I hate to admit it...
but I HAVE BEEN AN EGG...

I have been a jolly good little egg,
I have been the BEST JOLLY GOOD LITTLE EGG EVER!!!

But it is time to hatch...
before I go bad...

IT IS TIME TO FLY!!!

I AM SOOOO EXCITED!

Have a great week family...
don't be chicken...FLY!!!

Have I told you all lately that I love you?

I do.

1 comment:

  1. I love you SOOOO much! You were born a Hatch!!! lol Mom, you have to let her have it.

    ReplyDelete