Monday, July 11, 2011

Mudpuddles...

I love my home! I love the peace that I have here.
When I am at home I am not exposed to the ugly things of the world.
Some days I wish I could just curl up on my couch and hide.
I am able to have the experiences that I want to have, and to control the environment...even down to the temperature of the house.
Which, of course isn't always comfortable for the people that visit, not to mention poor Terry...
Today I was pondering...
as I often do...
about how much I would love to be the person that I should be.
When I am home and don't have to deal with people that are sometimes mean, or rude or just stupid drivers, I think I am a pretty awesome person...
Yep, me, myself, and I...my greatest fans. :)
AND THEN....
DUH....DUH....DUH....DUH...
I have to go somewhere.
I have to open my door and leave my house...
and what happens?
Mudpuddles happen...
Do you remember when you were little and you used to play, "Don't step on a crack or you'll break your momma's back!" ?
Do you remember how you would tip toe around all the obstacles hoping not even a toe touched the crack because you just KNEW you would get home and your Mother would be in bed...never to get up again because you took your eyes off the sidewalk for just ONE second?
I remember those days...I remember how fast that game got OLD!
It was hard, especially when there was a rough patch. So eventually you just quit because it is a stupid game anyway...and Mom...she's just fine.
So today for me it is mudpuddles.
I spend my morning building my character. Reading good books. Studying my scriptures. Praying. Meditating. Cleaning house. Doing laundry. Making beds. Reading my favorite blogs...just good, uplifting, STUFF.
I am ready to take on the world. I feel good. I'm happy. I've been reborn. I have made a promise NOT to hate the woman that walks into the store at five minutes to nine and wants me to help her find a new dress...
As I leave my house I wonder when I will encounter my first mudpuddle. The stupid driver that doesn't know how to use a turning signal...the runner who is running across the driveway that leads to the donut that I can't live without this morning...
the line at the bank...
ewww. and the list goes on...
How long do I stay unspotted from the world?
I left the house at 9:15am and it isn't even 10:00am YET???
How in the world am I going to make it through the day....
So yes...I have a problem with mudpuddles.
I am drawn to mudpuddles. Mudpuddles like me...they LOVE me.

I, on they other hand, LOVE my washing machine. It is my friend.

My dear family...life is full of mudpuddles, there is nothing you can do to change that. Avoid them, don't associate with people who love to play in them..

And always remember that you can be made clean.
The Atonement is real, it will heal you...
the first step is the desire to be clean.
My prayer this week is that you each look at your life and see if there is something that you need to change. A puddle that needs to be dried up.
I love you all!
Make it a mud free week!! :)

2 comments:

  1. All I gotta say is wow, and that you continually wow me. Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You are so awesome Mom!

    ReplyDelete